Tremblant is where I learned to ski and where I learned to love skiing. It is home.
||Date of birth
||August 5, 1981
||Downhill and Super G alpine skiing
||2011 Downhill World Champion in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Erik won the 2010 Super G Crystal Globe. He is the first Canadian to ever win this title. Erik finished 4th in the 2006 Turin Games and 5th in the 2010 Vancouver Games. He stood 19 times on the World Cup podium and won 3 gold medals on this circuit. In 2013, he crosses the finish line 0,13 seconds away from a win at the legendary downhill race of Kitzbuhël, in Austria, to finish in second place.
Gold medal at the Sochi Olympic Games in Russia in 2014
All sports such as hockey, baseball, soccer, volleyball, golf, cycling, car racing.
Erik Guay’s Career Highlights
- 19 World Cup podiums (at January 30, 2013)
- 2nd in the downhill of Kitzbuhël on January 26, 2013. Erik writes another page of Quebec's skiing history as he is the only Quebecers to ever step on the podium of this legendary race, the toughest of the World Cup Circuit.
- 4th in Wengen's Downhill, Switzerland
- 3rd in Val-Gardena's Downhill, Italy
- World Champion, Downhill, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- Winner of the Super G World Cup overall title
- Winner of the Super G race in Kvitfjell, Norway
- Winner of the Super G race in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- 5th position in the Olympic Games Super G race in Vancouver, Canada
- 5th position in the Olympic Games Downhill race in Vancouver, Canada
- Canadian Super G Champion, Nakiska
- Canadian GS Champion, Whistler
- Winner or the World Cup Downhill race in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- 3rd position in the Downhill World Cup overall ranking
- 12th position in the Overall World Cup ranking
- 4th position in the Olympic Games Super G race in Turin, Italy
View Erik's results since 1996