Tremblant is where I learned to ski and where I learned to love skiing. It is home.
|Born||August 5, 1981|
|Sports||Downhill and Super G alpine skiing|
|Summary||Erik set Canadian record with 21st World Cup podium; he is the most decorated Canadian alpine World Cup skier of all time. 2011 Downhill World Champion in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Erik won the 2010 Super G Crystal Globe. He is the first Canadian to ever win this title. Erik finished 4th in the 2006 Turin Olympic Games and 5th in the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games.|
All sports such as hockey, baseball, soccer, volleyball, golf, cycling, car racing.
Erik Guay’s Career Highlights
- 22 World Cup podiums (at March 24, 2014)
- Winner of FIS Alpine Ski World Cup in Kvitfjell, Norway
- Winner of FIS Alpine Ski World Cup in Val Gardena-Gröden, Italy
- 3rd position in FIS Alpine Ski World Cup Downhill in Bormio, Italy
- 2nd in the downhill of Kitzbuhël. Erik writes another page of Quebec's skiing history as he is the only Quebecers to ever step on the podium of this legendary race, the toughest of the World Cup Circuit.
- 3rd in Val-Gardena's Downhill, Italy
- World Champion, Downhill, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- Winner of the Super G World Cup overall title
- Winner of the Super G race in Kvitfjell, Norway
- Winner of the Super G race in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- 5th position in the Olympic Games Super G race in Vancouver, Canada
- 5th position in the Olympic Games Downhill race in Vancouver, Canada
- Canadian Super G Champion, Nakiska
- Canadian GS Champion, Whistler
- Winner or the World Cup Downhill race in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- 3rd position in the Downhill World Cup overall ranking
- 12th position in the Overall World Cup ranking
- 4th position in the Olympic Games Super G race in Turin, Italy