Enter Canada

get here

When travelling to Canada, you'll want to make sure you have the proper Canada travel documents for you and all members of your family travelling with you to prove you have the legal right to enter the country.

Everyone from every country arriving in Canada by air, land and sea needs a passport or equivalent travel document. U.S citizens can use other valid travel documents such as a NEXUS Card, a U.S. Passeport Card or an Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL).

Visit the Canada Border Services Agency website for additional information.

If you are travelling with children, you must carry required identification documents for each child under 18 years old.

Divorced parents who share custody of their children should carry copies of the legal custody documents. Adults who are not parents or guardians must have written permission from the parents or guardians to accompany the children. When travelling with a group of vehicles, parents or guardians should travel in the same vehicle as the children for border crossing.

Visitors are allowed to bring certain goods as part of their "personal baggage", but some products are limited (such as cigarettes and alcohol) and, in some cases, prohibited by Canada Customs. For additional information, visit the Canada Border Services Agency website.
You may or may not need a temporary resident visa to visit Canada, depending on your citizenship. However, even if you are exempt, there is important information you need to know before you plan your trip. Visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada site for more information